Long Time Mopar Girl...thinking About The Neon As A Daily!

Misty

Hi folks!

I'm currently thinking about having the R/T as a daily driver. I'd love to hear some genuine reviews on reliability and general maintenance.

I currently have an '03 Fiat Stilo nearing 136k and...it is just awful as a car. I mean, prior to that I had a '99 Polo which was a shed, but that's a given seeing as it was my first car! This italian thing though...it's got sensors everywhere that just fail for no reason, my power steering has gone once already which required a full steering column change, the rear axle bushes are fubar, and the thing has just started with an electrical glitch causing power steering to cut out and I suspect other stuff to cut out too, but it happens so quick that by the time I try to assess what's happening everything goes back to normal. Not to mention the engine light will flash up all the time in winter, when all the fluids get too cold or aren't filled to the flippin' brim, it has a right paddy and doesn't want to get out of bed.

So that's the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. I've wanted a Neon for a long time, but being only 22 insurance companies would have taken the p*ss (£1300 per year for a shed 1.0 litre polo was bad enough). Now I've held a licence for some years it's not so bad!

My other Mopar is a 70's Dodge Power Wagon resto. I also have a Thunderbird Super Coupe in the garden having an engine re-build.

But anyway....any and all reviews/opinions appreciated! :)

Hi, and welcome to the forum

The Neon's aren't too bad and have a bit of luxury compared to the Stilo (Not one of fiat's best offerings)

One thing to be warned about - if the headlight bulb goes good luck changing the £$^^^^^"£%%" pig !

I have to say you do get a lot  of car for your money - enjoy :-)

With the Neon you to remove the headlight first.

I know what you mean with fiat and bulb changing, the Panda was great on one side and a pain in the bum on the other, it was a nightmare getting the cover off.

Likewise the Bravo had plenty of space on one side and that diminished as you went to the other side - beware anyone holding a swear box :-0