Air Blower/front/dash Vents - 2003 Grand Voyager

dmartora

Question

Hi, hoping someone might have ab idea. I've actually had this problem for few years, but I've now decided to do something about it. Takes a while for my impatience to kick in.

I cannot get the front air blowers to work. The air con works fine, and air will come out out of all other vents. Windscreen, rear, floor etc. No matter what I set things to, the front vents on the dashboard (not the windscreen vents) will not blow air. Whatever controls them doesn't kick in. I can switch all the others on/off, and I can choose between standard air flow, air con or heating, but those things just won't allow any air through.

Any ideas? Any help appreciated.

2 answers to this question

Hi, does the side ones work?

Looks like a blocked/broken flap.

The cover along with the air vents is easy to remove, you could investigate further from there. There are two screws at the top and two at the bottom, the ones at the bottom you get to them by rimoving the trim above the ashtray.

Hope it helps

Hi, thanks for the response. None of the front vents work at all. Not the ones in the middle of the dashboard/console, nor the side vents on the dashboard near the driver's and passenger's doors. Only ones that work are the windscreen vents, rear vents (controllable by both the front and rear controls), and the vents to the feet.

The fact that it was every one of the front vent made me think it wasn't a blockage, and that it could be whatever controls the opening/closing of the blower towards them (accepting that i don't know if something like that even exists), but I've been ignoring it for long enough so I might as well actually do something and take everything off to have a look for something. Putting it back might be the challenge. Thanks again.

Edited by dmartora