Transferring Parts From A 99 Grand Voyager To An 03/01 Grand Voyager

Steviej

Question

Hi,

I have an early 01 Grand Voyager that is in desperate need of TLC. I have purchased a 2nd 99 Grand Voyager (identical) for parts. I want to move the good bits from the 99 to the 01. This includes the Keys and Remote Fobs for Central Locking. The Remote Fobs on both vehicles are only 2 button, with no Panic Button option.

I have searched online and can't seem to track down what I need to take out of the 99 Voyager so the Central Locking and Keys work in the 01 Voyager... Our 2001 only has 1 Key and Fob. The 99 has 2 of each... Any help or website / youtube suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks  in advance

Steve

4 answers to this question

Hi, if you want to use the keys you have to remove the ECU( it will be a match only if the engines are the same), the locks on all the doors along with the ignition barrel and the part that goes around the ignition barrel that is screwed bellow the steering wheel column.

As per the remote, under the dash above the instrument cluster, is the central lock module, you will need that, also you can pair the remotes from the other car with existing module( I personally didn't do it yet as I was busy with other stuff), even if you replace all the above keep the removed ones, you might need them.

Edited by mikebh8