Roof Mounted Dvd Players And Monitors

robearner

Question

Hi chaps,

I've just bought my daughter an 06 Grand Voyager CRD 2.8 Limited.  There appears to be provision to have ceiling mounted DVD players/monitors, although nothing has been fitted, just the aperture/pull open slots appear to be there.  I am considering fitting a couple of DVDs for the grandchildren, but am unsure what this would entail.  Any ideas as to what I would need to get hold of?  Is wiring to power the players already fitted or would that all have to be installed from scratch?  Any recommendations as to which players would be suitable - I note colleagues' recommendations re Ebay buying from the States and would welcome any advice from people who have already performed this upgrade and any pointers for what to look for and/or avoid, etc.

Talk soon,

Rob Earner

Castletown

Isle of Man

2 answers to this question

Hi, the first thing to do is to remove the ceiling slots and check for wiring, in past I did find that (for example) a car did not have electric windows but the wiring was there, second check with your stereo make and model if it comes with that option, does it say DVD on it?

Plus, I am not sure, but here it comes in place the sound amplifier which is at the back of the car behind the left wheel arch cover, at least most of the models have it there.

Hope it helps.