Loom Fault

Gareth

Question

I've had my 2.8 CRD checked out by an auto electrician and her has diagnosed a loom fault between fuse box and ECU but not in view. A garage removed the wheel arch liners but couldn't see any obvious faults. Is there a common fault area which I could explore please? Symptoms of instruments recycling, hazards/radio turning off and on, door malfunctions etc. Thank you.

2 answers to this question

To activate the Self-Diagnostic program:

With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button.

Continue to hold the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button until "Sof" and a number (software version number appears briefly in the odometer window, then release the button. If a fault code is present, the cluster will display it in the odometer display. When all fault codes have been displayed [write them down], the cluster will display “end” or "E" for end in the odometer display.

You should reboot the computers that feed the loom, disconnect the negative battery cable and leave it over for about an hour. This should reset most of the codes on your GV, I'm assuming you are 04-07 in which will not lose your radio codes. Best of luck.

Hi, has the engine bay been washed recently...the worse a car owner can do.

At any occasion did the car had an heretical start?

On electrics is very difficult to diagnose unless you know the most recent anomaly.

I suspect water damage or over current.

Either way, it doesn't have to be a wire fault, can be a bad connection, corroded terminals, or even a faulty ignition barrel.

Does the engine start?

Hope it helps.