Chrysler Grand Voyager 55 Plate

CHUNKYMASTER

hi ive got a chrysler grand voyager 55 plate 2.8 diesel i have a problem with the temperature guage i can sit on the motorway at 70mph for hours and the temperature guage goes no further than half but as soon as i put the engine under load (put my foot down)or go up a lond step hill the temperature guage goes straight into the red engine cuts power until the tem guage comes out the red back to crusing and it goes back down to half please please can someone give me some ideas what could be wrong thanks

Hi, welcome to the forum.
If you re-post in the vehicle specific area for the Voyager 4th Generation, you'll probably get more responses.

My money would be on that the bottom of the radiator is full of sedement/blocked. 

To check, when it's up to temperature, try squeezing the top radiator hose. When this has happened to me in the past, this has been rock hard. 

Another thing is that the bottom of the radiator will be cold whilst it's really warm further up.

That's a bit harder to check though, due to the fans. I'm unsure if the ones on the voyager could be safely blocked to stop them turning or not. I suppose disconnecting them from a power supply should work, but if you are going to check this way, please be very careful and make sure you can't get hurt.