New To The Forum

soupstone

Bought our first GV in 2010 (2002 2.5 diesel) and had it for 5 years. 
Past it's best, we scrapped it and replaced it with an estate.
Lasted a year, we realised how much we missed our GV, so bought a 2006 2.8 at the start of the year. 

Differences between the two are this ones an auto, so I get a bit less MPG. As it's stow and go, the rear seats don't seem as good as the earlier one, but far more convenient. 

That apart, as I'd owned one previously, I fitted a second thermostat, added a resistor to the cold battery sensor so the battery charges at 14.4 v constantly and got the supplying garage to put a timing belt kit on it before I picked it up. All previous failures on my old one, mods courtesy of "Leedsman" on another forum.

It passed it's MOT a month or so ago with nothing needing done. Even the handbrake passed, which was always an issue on my first one. 

I've fitted a towbar and plan to get the autobox serviced as it's on 110k now and 10 years old.

Only fault at the moment is a constant live feed to the radio and electric windows. Due to this, the battery was discharging via the radio. I've disconnected the live feed to it so far, will eventually get round to taking the fuse box apart to see if there's anything amiss, or fit an isolator switch in the circuit so I can use the radio as normal without draining the battery. 

scotsman4th on the .com forum

Edited by soupstone

• 3 weeks later...