N/s Sliding Door. 2008 4Th Gen

Ben2802

Question

I've looked but can't find a section that has mention this particular problem.

The door unlatches, the motor runs but the door doesn't move. Ive checked the wires in the track and am 99% sure there aren't any breaks in the wires so I've had the panel off the check that everything is connected, clean and dry and discovered that although the motor is running it isn't turning the flexible rod that drives the cog that moves the door. If I stick a screwdriver in the square hole that turns the rod it starts to spin but stops again when I remove the screwdriver. Is this just a motor fault and replace the motor or is it something more. If it was the drivers side then it wouldn't be much of a problem but being the passenger side its starting to be a pain. All/any help is appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the help. Basically when you press the remote or buttons in the car the door unlatches. Nothing else no movement just noise from the motor. I have noticed though that it's so easy to slide compared to the other side. I can feel the resistance on the drivers side rear door but the passenger door has no resistance, almost like it's not connected to anything. Owing to work hours and the amount of daylight I'll have to give it a look next weekend hopefully if nothing else comes up. Unrelated but noticed today that while giving it some beans I couldn't get the car to rev over 3000, either while at idle or whilst driving. Is this normal?