Unladen/laden Weight

j0mpst0rt

Question

Hi,

I know there are default 'stats' for how much the chrysler voyager can carry. However, my chrysler (like you all will recognise) have massively heavy seats.  Does anyone know how much weight the chrysler voyager can carry without the back bench and 2 seats?

Reason is, I use my car pretty much as a truck to ship things across between london and suffolk to help with my house repair.  And I'm thinking of loading it to the hilt with a load of paving slabs that weigh 20kg each.

Thankyou in advance.

Mike.

1 answer to this question

First thing to check is your name plate data, I think it's on the front slam panel above the rad under bonnet.

It will give kerb weights and other info, but also check your log book for weight data.

But probably you are only looking at 500kg in reality, even allowing for the 30kg mid seats and around 50kg bench.

And depending on the condition of your suspension, if you over load seriously, plod will easily spot it. And it's a serious offence, my scrap man got banged for £600 a couple of years ago!!