Multiair 1.4 Petrol Fuel Consumption

Dido

Question

Hi guys,

Got the petrol 1.4 multiair. Official mpg says 49.5 combined. I am no where near that. Last week on a 200 mile drive on the motorway (fully loaded , through!), I got 44 mpg on average speed of 60. In town I am getting like 28- 32 mpg ,and I am not a turbo burner.

Any experiences to share?

4 answers to this question

Hi Dido - Looks like your post had appeared x3 times for some reason - Mods will hopefully sort........

Anyway I have the 1.4 SR MultiAir. Yes 44 on a run but I return no less than 33mpg around town.

The 1.4 is a typical modern engine - smaller in capacity but Turbo'ed for performance with economy.

If you observe your 'Eco' drive dash light - i.e. Change up or down when it asks you'll see the increase in MPG.

In many ways it echoes the torque a Diesel gives you and is quite happy not to rev.

6th at 40mph is totally within its acceptability.

My wife revs it more and is not used to being able to change up at lower speeds and at lower rpm.

Dear Nello, likewise I shift to 6th gear as early as possible.

Rosso, I did read that for official mpg test they run the car with minimum weight and unrealistic conditions (which magazine), so I expected a difference but not that high. 60 was my own average estimation not the trip computer's , I am not that fast;)

Cheers guys

D

A 'slow' weekend drive in a diesel, as you can see not bad but hardly any better than petrol. I started on a full tank so a range shot as well to give an idea of full tank range. Whilst it doesn't meet most folks bar room boasts (do you recall when that used to be mph not mpg?) I find it pleasingly economical if I'd driven the delta HF HPE I used to own a few years back at similar speeds I'd have been hard pressed to hit more than 25mpg!

post-252-0-71454900-1459803476_thumb.jpg

post-252-0-69506900-1459803800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rossocorsa