Brake Pedal

Stevec0268

Question

Afternoon all,

Has anyone with an automatic tried either cutting down their brake pedal or installing a smaller one?

The reason I ask is because I have fairly big feet and I want more space to the left of the pedal so I can rest my left foot out of the way.  At the moment I can get my foot down the gap but when I press the pedal it catches against my shoe. 

Any ideas anyone?

Edited by Stevec0268

4 answers to this question

Dubious on this one.

It would break the 'conformity' rules when the car is involved in an accident...

I would stick with the original - if it is an automatic who not try right foot braking? This is advised with the motoring groups that I belong too.

Disabled amputee drivers will only use their 'good' leg.

Your left foot can then be placed on the cockpit floor.

With webbed feet help ...

Penguin

Couple of questions:

How ruddy big ARE your ruddy feet!!!!!!

I guess you have long legs too, I don't but do tend to drive with the seat a lot further back than leg length would dictate. My foot fits nicely just in the indent at the side of the console.

Try getting the seat as far back as you possibly can maybe?

I tried my mates new Mondeo recently, bloody crap driving position in comparison, wheel too low (at highest) and too close, crap.

And how far does your pedal travel, mine moves only around an inch.

I guess its a typo from Penguin, left foot braking possibly you meant!

Hi Bignev,

My feet are size 13 and yes I have got long legs, I am 6'6" so have got the seat as far back as poss, it's just the width of my shoes/trainers that is the obstacle. ​

Was just thinking of cutting about half inch off the left of the pedal, this wouldn't effect braking as the pedal connects on the right side.

Yep chuffing huge pal!!

As penguin says the only real problem would be insurers inspectors being jobsworths if you have an accident.

My foot as yours only really uses the right side of the pedal (well with the size of yours you'll use more of it hee hee) so in reality it would not be at all unsafe, but if they want to wriggle that won't be the point.