Airbag Light

tomada3

Question

hi have airbag light come up on display it is intermittent have checked clockspring  my horn still works so have ruled out that as read if horn works then clockspring is ok 

have checked wires under driver seat

all seem ok 

the warning light is not on permanatly it comes and goes 

any ideas on what the problem could be 

thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi there,

Am guessing you've searched around and found all the usual replies on this, but as you say yours doesn't quite match up to the usual thing. You may have found I had an issue with mine a while back, and tracking it down without a code reader is almost impossible as there are so many electronic components to the system.

All I can suggest is:

Check one thing at a time, re-connect one cable, then wait.

The light will auto-check at every ignition/engine start, so you can see if you've sorted the problem at next drive of the car.

If the light does come and go (it'll illuminate once then stay on rest of that journey, that's the way it works), I assume it comes on at start of engine, not whilst driving/randomly whilst running?

Is it weather related, as quite often the front impact sensors can get water into the connectors and any slight change to resistance back to the ECU will trigger a fault.

Good luck, hope you can track this one down.

hi yeah comes on when turn ignition on then goes out then while driving it will illuminate for 5to 10 secs then go out then come on again 

read through forum found your reply to another member 

so checked all usual suspects 

just wondering if got short somewhere are there any wires under pass seat checked under drivers seat all connections seem fine 

have got code reader but no code showing 

got im showing so maybe take to my local garage and get them to check if they can narrow it down 

thanks

Hi there,

Am guessing you've searched around and found all the usual replies on this, but as you say yours doesn't quite match up to the usual thing. You may have found I had an issue with mine a while back, and tracking it down without a code reader is almost impossible as there are so many electronic components to the system.

All I can suggest is:

Check one thing at a time, re-connect one cable, then wait.

The light will auto-check at every ignition/engine start, so you can see if you've sorted the problem at next drive of the car.

If the light does come and go (it'll illuminate once then stay on rest of that journey, that's the way it works), I assume it comes on at start of engine, not whilst driving/randomly whilst running?

Is it weather related, as quite often the front impact sensors can get water into the connectors and any slight change to resistance back to the ECU will trigger a fault.

Good luck, hope you can track this one down.

Hi, I am having this problem also although mine is now permenantly on.  I have checked the wiring under the seats and all seems ok, my cruise, horn and radio controls all work so presuming no problem with the clock spring, this just leaves the impact sensors.  Any ideas where they are located and how to get them so I can give them a check.

Thanks in advance.

Steve