Passenger Heated Seat Not Working

darkchild101

Question

7 answers to this question

Quite a bit more info and diagnosis required here as the problem could be in many areas.

Firstly, does the switch orange light illuminate when switched on? That will indicate if power is getting to the switch in the dash and if it's engaging correctly.

Then I'd go for the most obvious, the wiring loom under the seat, quite often the connectors in there will rattle loose. Best option is to unplug one by one and reconnect, test again, hopefully it'll be a loose/corroded connection in there.

After that point you'll need a multimeter and start to test voltage, my next bit would be to trace the wires coming out under the seat and into the connectors and relay. Will try and dig out the wiring diagram for them, see if we can identify which wires/connector they go into as there are a couple of different ways they may be fed (since there are two settings for the heated seats, low and high my guess would be 3 wires going into the relay)

Quite a bit more info and diagnosis required here as the problem could be in many areas.

Firstly, does the switch orange light illuminate when switched on? That will indicate if power is getting to the switch in the dash and if it's engaging correctly.

Then I'd go for the most obvious, the wiring loom under the seat, quite often the connectors in there will rattle loose. Best option is to unplug one by one and reconnect, test again, hopefully it'll be a loose/corroded connection in there.

After that point you'll need a multimeter and start to test voltage, my next bit would be to trace the wires coming out under the seat and into the connectors and relay. Will try and dig out the wiring diagram for them, see if we can identify which wires/connector they go into as there are a couple of different ways they may be fed (since there are two settings for the heated seats, low and high my guess would be 3 wires going into the relay)

The switch on dash illuminates but seat doesnt heat up. Will try to look under the seat and see if any wires are loose

Edited by darkchild101

I recently got both heated seats working having had the same issue.

I was lucky enough to get hold of a couple of old front seats and carefully peeled the heater elements from them.  When I did the same for my car, I found that the elements had broken in line with the lateral crease in the seat base. I was pretty careful when I peeled the heating elements off as you could end up with chunks of seat foam coming off with the element pads.

I stuck the replacement elements in place with some spray adhesive, and they're working well so far!
Hmmm....I might have the old elements somewhere....

Photos of the lumbar seat heat pad - which was okay - and the seat base. It's pretty obvious where it burnt out.

http://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gifAdobePhotoshopExpress_1a5533d5bb044415bab820ae61c2c8dd.jpghttp://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gifAdobePhotoshopExpress_8bbc98e3fde44300be59d371bda3ac45.jpg

A good informative post !