Disgruntled With Chrysler After Fire

sdtoop

Hi,

I had an electrical fire in our Grand Voyager which exactly matched the description of a safety recall notice issued 2011. We had the fix carried out back then but in July this year the exact fault happened. Fire Brigade etc called out. 

Fiat/Chrysler have since then been trying to source the parts to fix the problem but are messing up big time. It is now Dec 1st and I have no idea when all the parts will be in and the door fixed. The garage have just said "we are waiting for parts", Chrysler have said the parts are in Italy - we are in the UK. And to cap it all the local Chrysler/FIAT garage have only provided a FIAT 500 as a replacement car.

I cannot get anyone from the garage or Chrysler to consider the fact that I have a Grand Voyager for a reason and that a FIAT 500 is unsuitable. 

I made the mistake of taking the car, after the fire crew put out the fire, to a Fiat garage rather than an insurance repair center so the insurance company won't provide a car.

So, I have a knackered car from a recall notice in 2011 that wasn't completed correctly. The local FIAT garage consider a FIAT 500 a suitable replacement for a Grand Voyager and Chrysler UK (or FIAT) are saying nothing.

My next car will not be a FIAT related car - not even a Ferrari!