Missing Service History

deeferdog

Hi Folks, I bought a cracking 2007 Grand Voyager for a good price after giving it a thorough check. The service history and manuals were all lost long ago and that was a major consideration in the purchase price. My question is, can I track the main dealer service records somehow? Obviously the vehicle will have been serviced at some time but I don't know where.  Is there a computerised central register? I have bought a blank set in anticipation but want to copy the originals by returning to the dealerships and NOT forge anything.

Thinks you will have a lot of trouble and effort doing this for nil reward.

Many establishments will only stamp at time of service.

Many will probably state ' due to data protection' we cannot give out the details etc.

This is obviously compensated in the price you have paid for your car.

Add to that, as it is aaa 2007 - (if a computer = legacy computer in terms of age, how can you track via dealerships that have long upgraded their computer systems?

Have you a history on the cam belt / pulley wheels or anything? Maybe, a better money spend in my opinion.

DVLA are difficult to deal with, even given details.... Do you have the V5 - that way, at least you can contact the previous owner, assuming the the previous seller kept the V5 and did not convert it into a 'seller' paperwork.

Penguin

Hi when I brought my work van it had no service history on it the dealer had brought it at a auction, so what I did was to look at were it was mot'd and called them to see if they did the servicing as well and they did. So I ask them if they would print of what was done over the years and they did lots of it. Very happy ending so try that and see.