Seating Arrangement

simonguvna

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi, this won't apply to the stow n go variant but on others the bench seat will fit in the middle however if memory serves me correctly only one single will fit in the rear due to mounting points.

Depends if you need the full 7 seats really.

Hi, thanks for the info. I have thought about the stow-&-go which is very tempting but I have occasions when I take my grandchild plus his mum & dad out so need the 5 seats but also space to load the wheelchair plus ramp. So I think my only option is to be able to seat 3 across the middle. I guess I could possibly load the wheelchair through a side door if the were space for it which without measurements I'm unsure how much room it would leave, also the ramp needs 75cm width through the door.

It depends on what the wheelchair design is. We had 2 of us, my twin girls, and my mother in law with folding wheelchair. If it's a motorised chair then you'll need a proper adapted one, we had a Sedona for a while to get 4 seats plus the chair to travel in. But before that the Voyager worked well with a folding chair, on the stow n go the back bench is split so there's a good load area plus seat for one of the adults.

@@simonguvna I've just read your other post, so now I know its an electric chair for your wife!

If she travels in it I don't think the standard Voyager is suitable as there aren't the tie points for securing the chair for travelling.

But if she is able to transfer over to the car seat it could be, standard or stow n go, either of the able bodied adults can get into the back row comfortably!

If she doesn't travel in it, then the stow n go would probably be the answer, 5 good seats and big flat store at the back for the chair and ramp, will need some sort of adapter to attach the ramp when loading up though!!

Mum did have an electric scooter for a while and it fitted in ours a doddle, but I was strong enough to lift it in there! 

Also my wife just reminded me that the seats were quite high for mum too, so that is a factor for you to consider. As she got less able it became a struggle for her to get in, even with help.

On mine the maximum clear sliding door width is 700mm.

Edited by bignev

-much room. The most difficult thing when looking for a vehicle is having a rear hatch that opens high enough because even with the backrest removed the chair needs 3ft of height. It effectively rules out an estate car because of the height. The ramp is actually very good as it just needs a flat surface to rest on, it's designed more for loading garden equipment into trailers.

Thanks again for the help, these cars look very flexible with the most space in their class. I used to own a 1989 jeep cherokee that had the most comfortable seat I've used in a car which I'm really needing due to arthritis effecting more and more joints. I rarely do more than 5k miles a year so even economy isn't much of an issue to me. Nows it trying to find one that I can test drive under present conditions then to the best that my limited budget can stretch to.