#1 dave62pb

dave62pb

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:00 PM

I need to remove the plastic panels to gain access to rear washers as think the pipe is blocked or split 

anybody know how the panels  are held in place , as  I don't want to break any clips or mountings

#2 bignev

bignev

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSouth Manchester

Posted 01 April 2021 - 09:30 PM

If it's a stow n go version lift the carpet on the right hand side of the rear well and find the washer tube, apparently fairly common for the tube connector to come apart there - mine had - so no fluid to the screen but the motor worked and the carpet got wet !!

Of course there may be a joint there on the normal version too, but I don't know about that!

#3 dave62pb

dave62pb

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:26 AM

Yes its stow n go , cant see how to get 1/4 panel off and didn't want break anything

#4 bignev

bignev

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSouth Manchester

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:42 AM

You don't need to take the panel off, just gently but firmly pull the carpet out from under it, after removing the back edge trim. That takes a very firm tug as it's fixed with push in clips, but check the centre in case I forgot about any screws next to the latch!

#5 dave62pb

dave62pb

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:41 PM

You don't need to take the panel off, just gently but firmly pull the carpet out from under it, after removing the back edge trim. That takes a very firm tug as it's fixed with push in clips, but check the centre in case I forgot about any screws next to the latch!

Thanks , done what you said , found the joint had come apart , washer working now , a 10 min job that I have not got around to for a few years now

• bignev likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users