Front Suspension.

ace3

Question

hi to all.

i have had fitted new front struts new top and bottom rubber on the struts,new top mounts with isolators.

now what happening is i drive forward slowly the car lifts at the front when i turn the steering right  and it lifts when i turn the steering left like air suspension.

now its high at the front end.

so i drive slowly revering and turning left the  steering and it goes down on that side i turn the steering to the right it goes down.

any one have this before when fitting new strut.

thanx in advance.

6 answers to this question

I fitted new struts isolators and ball joints to mine a few years ago, compressing the front springs is a bitch of a job because of the shape and width, although I have never experienced your symptoms.

If the work was completed in a garage I'd take the vehicle back to them

Chris

i have changed front suspension on many cars through my time and have never come across this,i have been told the struts could be faulty,so im going to buy some more.

sachs front struts or kyb struts.

Hi there!

Very weird, were any of the other suspension parts dismantled as this point? Like the wishbones?

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the "top and bottom rubber on the strut" comment?

I would follow this for the rear dampers but not for the front McPherson strut spring / damper assembly on these.

Edited by bignev

I'm 05 changed mine nightmare access to garage hydraulic compressor's couldn't get them down with 4 and a very powerful electric gun.

Now to my point I did read on one one forum that a GV spring bottom plate had a notch bend in it, get the spring mounted NOT in the [holding] notch and all hell's gonna break loose.

Just a memory, hope this helps.