More Power Unleashed!

ForzaLancia

Question

I have always felt my 2.0 was lacking a bit of Italian oomph, now I have found the reason why.

While changing the EGR cooler which was leaking  (and a common problem it seems) I found a blue silicon pipe that was looking old, tired and possible split. In removing it the pipe crumbled into three parts, it was indeed past its best. It seems this pipe is a vacuum pipe and goes to some sensor/valve type thing (maybe VNT valve) and it replacement has resulted in restoring many lost stallions and a 4mpg improvement. Driveability has improved with turbo lag reduced and application of the brakes as smoother and does not grab when braking lightly, I guess it was affecting the servo somehow.

Tricky little thing to get at though as it is barely visible and not sure on the best way the reach it without removing the EGR cooler which is a PITA, guess there is a way though.

Anyway, two pics, first is general area, look for a metal pipe and union at approx 45 degrees in the centre of the pic, and behind that is the blue silicone pipe, although the old one had gone milky blue/white with age.

post-2823-0-88696700-1580731865_thumb.jpg

Edited by ForzaLancia

8 answers to this question

This one is taken much closer in, where it is rather dark, but it shows the blue pipe under the EGR cooler

vacuum.pipe.jpg

I can see that as our cars get older, this pipe will be causing an increasing number of problems for owners.

HTH

It goes to a vacuum/pressure capsule under the battery (I think)

Little rubber pipes have always been a problem on Italian cars

Edited by Andrewgrale

I have always felt my 2.0 was lacking a bit of Italian oomph, now I have found the reason why.

While changing the EGR cooler which was leaking  (and a common problem it seems) I found a blue silicon pipe that was looking old, tired and possible split. In removing it the pipe crumbled into three parts, it was indeed past its best. It seems this pipe is a vacuum pipe and goes to some sensor/valve type thing (maybe VNT valve) and it replacement has resulted in restoring many lost stallions and a 4mpg improvement. Driveability has improved with turbo lag reduced and application of the brakes as smoother and does not grab when braking lightly, I guess it was affecting the servo somehow.

Tricky little thing to get at though as it is barely visible and not sure on the best way the reach it without removing the EGR cooler which is a PITA, guess there is a way though.

Anyway, two pics, first is general area, look for a metal pipe and union at approx 45 degrees in the centre of the pic, and behind that is the blue silicone pipe, although the old one had gone milky blue/white with age.

http://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gifDSC_0255 (1).JPG

hi....

do you have part number or reference from where to get it?

http://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gifDSC_0255 (1).JPG

hi....

do you have part number or reference from where to get it?