Help Voyager Is A Massive Nightmare

Tiffy

The heating is only blowing cold , battery check engine and abs light came on . Now cars dead . Mirrors don’t move and the back window wash not working . Had it a month and had nothing but bother . Can’t afford to keep taking it back to the garage . Is there a web site or any advice , that’s really simple as I’ve never even looked at an engine before . Grand voyager 07 I think . Thank you xx

Hi there,

sounds like a right nightmare this one.

I don't suppose you bought it from a garage / dealer by any wonderful chance?????

Because if you did just fire it straight back at them!

If you've never looked at an engine you are not going to sort this one out sadly.

However - if you search and post in the Vehicle assistance section, you will find some pointers, but you will actually need to know what your car is. Boxy shape front is the 5th generation, mostly they came in from 2008 though so you most likely have a 4th gen model, IF it's 2007 - check your vehicle registration document.

Doesn't help with your problems but I'd guess it's more likely to be a diesel??

And where in the country are you? Someone may know a friendly garage near you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya,I am reading your post = and thinking = another one like mine.I am a recent owner of a 2008 mk 5 Grand Voyager diesel swivel n go LTD model with 139,000 miles on the clock.I bought knowing nothing (bad move) But i am now learning and spending a lot trying to get all its problems in order.I am also new to this forum = and would like to say Hello to everyone.I love this wagon - as does the Wife and Grand Kids - and we look forward to some fun in the sun - when the summer gets to us again.This drives great and i love the auto gearbox = getting older and disability are finding auto a great idea = along with 2 small mob scooters that fit in the rear is making life a lot easier (even with all seats in use)  Since buying = (I have had the clock spring issue = seat belt warning light on - and horn not working)  I searched the world for 3 months for a new one = and many dealerships could not find one.I had to risk a used one that was nothing like mine = they refunded my payment and told me to keep it. Then Chrysler breakers offered me one - and told me it was working and correct = Got me going for "£270" used unit = but at last repaired. Next i need to repair (Brake warning/tire pressure low lights) I have found that each wheel has a sensor (4) that last around 5 years with sealed battery's inside = Also main sensor box - that could have failed. These also need re-setting at dealership after repair. Dread to think what would be charged for this fix?  I have also seen a TPMS =tire pressure sensors bypass advertised = wondering if anyone can advise on these PTMS boxes? I am going on a bit - that's it for now  Regards.