Drewster

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorthamptonshire

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:34 AM

Morning all,

I only got one key with my voyager. From the handbook it says that if you only have one key, then you need the dealers help to program a second key. Chrysler US told me that there was no way for me to get this done, as they withdrew from the UK market.

I am sure there is a way. Can anyone help me with how to go about buying the key and programming it?

Thanks
Drew

#2 soupstone

soupstone

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationLanark

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:58 AM

Best bet would be a mobile locksmith. 

Try this place for a quote. Used a similar company local to me before when the only working key we had stopped working. 

http://autolocksmith...uk/car_keys.php

#3 bignev

bignev

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Manchester

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

Yep a mobile AUTO locksmith should be able to do you a spare key no problem and code it in. Or not necessarily mobile, we have a company near us who can cut one and code it in. They did me a key for one of ours but said they couldn't do the remote unit - dealer only.

However on our current car we had a spare key done by a recommended mobile guy, and we also had a spare second hand remote coded in - which apparently couldn't be done except by a Chrysler dealer.......... well it's still working so I guess they were wrong.

#4 cerbie

cerbie

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationYateley

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:35 PM

I noticed in Tesco the other day that Timpson the shoe repair people provide a car key cutting service including remote keys. Take a look here;

https://www.timpson....rvices/car-keys

not sure how they would deal with a Chrysler key, maybe worth a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users