#1 ForzaLancia

ForzaLancia

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

Managed to bag a 2.0 LTD from the car auctions at Blackbushe on Friday, just over £2k including buyers fees. So far only driven it back and clean inside (twas filthy) but looks pretty tidy bar one scrape on the rear bumper. 

It seems like it has lived in and around Oxford/Reading area looking at the receipts I found (2013 was the oldest!) yet the radio was tuned to Radio Stoke. The speed warning was set to 75mph so hopefully a cautious owner!

Will have the chance today to give it a more thorough look at, and to dig up those threads on getting those Chrysler badges off.

• TJB likes this

#2 ForzaLancia

ForzaLancia

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:24 AM   Best Answer

delta.resize.jpg

#3 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:28 PM

Bargain indeed!.............and great colour.............. I'm not far away so give me a shout if you need any assistance or ever near Cov. Enjoy the drive.

Edited by Nello, 10 September 2019 - 01:29 PM.

#4 ForzaLancia

ForzaLancia

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:51 PM

Cheers, it does look a handsome thing, Perla Sironi is the colour, sometime silver, gold, beige and a bit lilac

It has done 112k miles but not real evidence of wear and everything works which bodes well for all Delta owners, the wheels are perhaps the only sign of use having corroded in a few places, that said they have been banged into the kerb a few times. Equipment seems standard for an LTD, no sunroof, Bose, magic parking etc

It probably would have gone for less in the auction had I not been there, it stalled at £1350 and it was me versus one other guy so went up to £1650 and he quit as I guess his margin was disappearing, whereas it was still good price for me.

Next stop. Italian ebay.

• TJB likes this

#5 TJB

TJB

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationWest Scotland

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:01 PM

That's a bit of a bargain, and a great spec too. Same colour as mine, which according to the DVLA is "beige" :) There's a seller on eBay called Carpassion who seems to have a lot of the exterior badges at fairly sensible prices.

#6 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:26 AM

Don't think I have even seen a car/Ltd with the Magic Parking fitted - or the moving headlights (or have I imagined those?!) Fully optioned up they were expensive cars in comparison and I don't think anyone here was brave enough to put up the money for a Chrysler compared to the Fords etc. of the day. 

#7 alfaspud

alfaspud

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:14 AM

Looks good and a bargain to boot - congratulations

Glad to hear that everything still works - my rain sensor doesn't and on cold mornings, I keep getting low pressure warnings for the tyres

Neither are a problem but the tyre pressure warnings are a pain in the hole  :D

• MikeyRules likes this

#8 ForzaLancia

ForzaLancia

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:19 PM

I think this car has moving headlights, there is a button that looks like it may be so,  under the CITY steering button. Have yet to fully check whether it is the fog light coming on as the wheel turns or the headlights moving as well.

#9 alfaspud

alfaspud

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:44 PM

I think this car has moving headlights, there is a button that looks like it may be so,  under the CITY steering button. Have yet to fully check whether it is the fog light coming on as the wheel turns or the headlights moving as well.

a quick look in my manual confirms that indeed you do have cornering headlights (adaptive lights) - default setting is ON - if the orange LED is lit, they are deactivated (pg 77 if you have it)

the cornering fog light function is set on the dashboard display (small one under the gauges), using the buttons on the other side if the nav screen

Edited by alfaspud, 22 September 2019 - 03:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users