Might Be Selling

Rossocorsa

Question

I always preferred petrol but it was never possible to get the right performance/economy balance on the ranges offered here. It's a shame they didn't do the 1.8 petrol turbo auto as the limited spec here. Anyway the 595 offers similar economy to the Delta and more grins per mile. I'm quite happy to have a small car I never use the back seats anyway.

Well what a pain, I've had no option but to reject the Abarth so I've still got the Delta I thought buying a New (to me) car was supposed to be a pleasure. Relatively simple fix if they'd done stuff thoroughly as they were aware of the issue but they didn't. Very deflating as the car was lovely Edited by Rossocorsa

Well what a pain, I've had no option but to reject the Abarth so I've still got the Delta I thought buying a New (to me) car was supposed to be a pleasure. Relatively simple fix if they'd done stuff thoroughly as they were aware of the issue but they didn't. Very deflating as the car was lovely

Oh that's a bummer!

What was wrong with it, and why haven't they put it right?

Main dealer I take it? Having worked in the trade, I have to say that's the last place I'd buy a car from as the prep is usually shocking! They pay the valet team £3 a car, use poo product by untrained Eastern European's as they work for nothing, and hope what you don't spot on collection will become down to you!

Are you paying cash, or using dealer finance?

Bank loan/Cash, it's only the brakes probably an easy fix they were binding on the original test drive, as the car has been stood a few weeks and it's a 500 (and all fiat tbh) issue it didn't bother me too much but it's still the same at pick up hubs are getting hot so not drivable any distance. No one to deal with it immediately and no loan car available. So no option but to bail out. Lovely car though perfect spec competizione 180 with 7 inch media/nav and performance pack. It's stupid because all it probably needed was a thorough brake clean and the handbrake resetting.

It did have a dent on the os wing edge but they've done that perfectly. The sales people seem oblivious that the brake issue is serious!

Edited by Rossocorsa

Looks like Vredestein tyres so not really budgets I have to wonder how switched on are the inspectors?

Normally I would be very inclined to agree with you, having inspected lots of allegedly grade 1 cars, that are more like grade 3/4!

However if the tyres aren't manufacturer specification i.e Pirelli, Goodyear, Michelin or Continental they will always mark them up as budget.

Delta limited? 165 diesel only or do you mean the competizione? 1.4 180hp t jet, not keen on the yellow as I think the appeal would wear off and I'm looking for one to keep a long while. Anyway it seems that I'm presently not going to find one soon in the right spec and price Edited by Rossocorsa

Has to be series 4, so 2016 on, competizione 180 Ideally with 7 inch screen, sport pack would be a nice bonus. Prefer sabelt seats I think. Colour I'm not set on but a lot of them are just not for me, they are very personal in their look Edited by Rossocorsa

No but can't imagine it would be cheaper or shall we say cheap enough, I can get new here quite cheap but out of my budget I'm afraid. I've found another one now hopefully this time it'll be all ok. By the way any chance you found that alarm sounder? Repair didn't work I think my circuit board is damaged.

Alan, have you investigated the possibility of buying a new one here in Ireland and exporting it to the UK?

Out of curiosity I checked and I think they are not sold in Ireland, only in the North. I can get very good offers for new in UK anyway it's just that it's out of my already stretched budget as I want either a competizione or a 695 the lower models are all slightly compromised in one way or another