Looking For Some Advice

Atcchus

Question

I’m a newbie in GV world, Recently bought a 2.8 crd auto . Have some little issues hope someone could give me some advice how to sort out .

1. It will not start on the button , I have give a little throttle while cranking .

2. It smokes white / blue ish smoke only on start up .

3. Doesn’t come with a service history , is there anyway to find out if the belts been done ? Currently sitting at 125k miles . How much average cost of belt change , any recommended garage in Glasgow or some where in scotland

4. Started getting some shakey vibrations when sat standstill in drive gear but if I shift to neutral the vibration goes off and a small knock when switching off the engine

1 answer to this question

Well no4 sounds like engine mounts as on shutting down there is possibly no rubber on one mount, like front one that gets hammered.

No1/2 could be hot start plugs or power to them.

Belts, well, two prices, Chrysler dealer will want £125+/hr for labour. Independents down to £75/hr. Its a four hour jobby. Five years ago Chrysler wanted £650. But got mine for £450 independent. 

If there's screw holes on dash anywhere its been an Airport Posh Taxi and probably been round the moon. But mine was one, 225k miles plus and after 5 years been the best car on 50 odd plus I've had.  

Get the Auto box serviced oil & inside filter.

Oh and how's the Handbrake, does it hold at all.

Good Luck...