Delta Options And Add-On's.....

Nello

Question

What optional extras has anyone added or fitted to their Delta's?

I've watched a couple of ebay auctions for the Delta Illuminated Sills but cannot justify spending near £100 on what is effectively two lights!

Anyone else got them and can post a photo?

Definately worth a punt Mike -  As mentioned they are not especially easy to fit as you need to cut a hole in the plastic valance. I was going to fit my passenger one the other day until I realised the Instructions don't mention the Bonnet release handle being in the way so unless you can unclip that somehow will need to cut in situ.......... I did test the light - DELTA logo illuminates nice and white with the courtesy lighting system. Its a bit of a fiddle getting the wiring up the A frame and then to wire it in to the cabling in the centre console but I'm sure will be worth it. 

The hole required to cut is approximately the size of the LANCIA wording as the lighting circuit sits proud underneath the brushed plate.

Goodness knows how they justify charging that much for them new though!

The drivers one is fitted - shown on the Martini sill shot: I removed the whole plastic sill from the car to cut it.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/P1011472_zps95701d21.jpg

Edited by Nello

I'm still licking my wounds over the gear stick centre console.... I managed to get a gloss black one from Italy and it doesn't fit as there is a slight variance between left and right hand drive! Only Fiat could royally f**k that one up!

I spent ages dremel'ing out a hole for the blue and me, and swapping over the leather gator as mine has white stitching and no matter which way I approach it it won't fit properly... Fiat want £160 for one, and they are as rare as rocking horse sheet, they'd have to put it on back order or make one!! DOH!

I did mention some time ago on one of the threads that that theres a slight variation in some sections of the dash between LHD and RHD. I think it was when we were going on about the gear-knob.

Viewed centrally the console/gearstick and the heater controls panel angle slightly left - seems it did not pay to convert everything. 

Mind you that Dremel will come in handy cutting your holes for your illuminated sills!  :lol:

Edited by Nello

I'm still licking my wounds over the gear stick centre console.... I managed to get a gloss black one from Italy and it doesn't fit as there is a slight variance between left and right hand drive! Only Fiat could royally f**k that one up!

I spent ages dremel'ing out a hole for the blue and me, and swapping over the leather gator as mine has white stitching and no matter which way I approach it it won't fit properly... Fiat want £160 for one, and they are as rare as rocking horse sheet, they'd have to put it on back order or make one!! DOH!

Always best to have a copy of eper to consult although I'm not sure of rhd specific parts are shown must check.

I have access to v.83 - they don't show on there. Only differing versions for trim levels. I'm sure Chrysler these days utilise an eper derived/linked system though.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/emaps_zps5763ad65.jpg

Edited by Nello

There are two variations of number two in Neil's picture above shown on EPER, one with the square hole for the USB socket and one without. Then there are about 5 trim and colour variations depending on interior colour etc.

I spent ages making sure I understood which one ours was....

I bought from Italy the whole shebang... i.e. one, two and three from the picture above! Now as these were sourced from Italy they are obviously for a left hand drive car and my logic was that the centre section (No:2 above) should fit either left or right...Wrong! and the secondly if that didn't work to fit the whole lot. Again that doesn't fit as our dashboards are angled towards us ever so slightly.

Now I'm not sure if you can see properly on the photos but the gloss black section on the one I was sent is far deeper than the silver part on my UK one, and to counter act that the bases are either shallow or deep to compensate... If that's confusing the overall depth of the two is exactly the same.

As Rosso mentions my other option is to simply paint mine.... but for £17 I thought the Italian eBay one was worth a punt. Heyho you live and learn.

P.S. The head units and climate control aren't drivers side biased, it's the dash that is. The only other slight annoyance is on the climate control if memory serves me right the right hand dial used to control both sides for temp (as in mono control) where as my gloss black Italian sourced one it's now the left rotary as my side just does my own.... No biggy just have a little further to reach.

The gloss black surround may have come from an executive so it might have different side depths to accommodate the leather surround

Not so sure about that fella as it didn't have a media USB socket and I had to Dremel out a hole to fit mine.... Who knows, but I can't believe they've created so many variances as that can't be cost effective! Even Alfa don't do silly things like that and lost stuff is interchangeable.

The black finish does look good Mike even though it doesn't fit. Out of interest where did you order from? I've wondered if I quote an eper part number for the Delta to a UK Fiat main dealer - if they will/can order for you? Grays in Warwick is my local dealer - I'll enquire next time I'm passing and let you all know....

Thanks Neil, but I've done exactly that already and the part numbers weren't coming up on Eper. I gave him the part numbers straight off the back of my original and the shiny black one.... He did say that it wasn't unusual for Eper not to find the parts using the part number which I found quite amusing!

The way we were able to find it though was by using a reg number from a UK 'limited' right hand drive car off auto trader. This guaranteed the exact part, but showed them to be on back order, so potentially non available in European stock and they'd have to get the supplier to make one. He also said they'd have to raise a case and chase it weekly.

Hence me knowing they're £160 inc vat...

Having said all that there's no harm in seeing if your stealer is any cheaper than mine... Mangoletsi isn't exactly known for being a value place to shop lol. We used to say that the price of Mangoletsi cars included Mango's mark up i.e. about 10% more expensive than anywhere else!

When all said and done maybe painting mine like Rosso mentioned is the best way forward.

Edited by MikeyRules

I have a copy of eper and yes it recognises my car however I am not convinced that all Chrysler specific parts are listed be wary a LHD part could turn up. I suspect that delta is now fully discontinued so getting a moulding made would probably not be possible I don't think anyone is going to make one unless they have a few orders which is unlikely.

Will try to check my eper when I have time

Edited by Rossocorsa

Indeed I'm sure you cannot go off a Chrysler part number but wondered about an 'eper'ed' LHD one for a relative Lancia Delta'd part..........Don't see any reason why not TBH - you could be an Italian living/holidaying in the UK for example.......

Edited by Nello

I haven't done anything yet, it is possible to order the original sill covers from fiat so might end up doing that. Custom ones would be nice but I'm a big unsure about the fit as the panel is a funny shape and the originals have curved edges. Why on earth didn't fiat just specify plain kick plates? They went to perverse lengths and extra cost just to p us off!