Voyager 2.5Crd Front Suspension

Driftwood

Question

I have a 2003 voyager 2.5crd and I think that the rear bush of the front btm suspension arms are worn. I bought a repair kit, but the rear bush sent looks different to the ones fitted to my car. I found a manual online and there appears to be 2 types of rear bush and presumably 2 types of btm arm. The ones fitted to my car look round and look like they have a metal outer. The ones in the repair kit are just big blocks of rubber. I can buy new complete btm arms from Euro car parts, but the pictures show they come with the big rubber block style of rear bush. Has anyone here fitted new btm arms not bought from the dealer? Are there 2 types of mounting on the car or are the different types of btm arm interchangeable? From the dealer each btm arm is over £350. They said they don't sell a repair kit, but I forgot to ask if they sell the rear bush. They also said they only list 1 part number for the btm arms for the UK and they come with bushes, but didn't say which type. I'd get the Euro ones if I knew they would definitely fit. Advice please.

4 answers to this question

Thought I had added these pictures of my 2003 control arm bushes, maybe somewhere else. Rear bush is side ribbed and shaped like a railway bridge roadway.

Added on your post in dote com forum with what looks like them in Euro car parts. You've just missed the 30% off Halloween discount.

And don't bother paying extra for earlier delivery by DHL cos it takes longer. Ordered Monday, parcel sat in Heathrow for 28hrs, now in Newcastle.

post-1314-0-27076500-1478111264_thumb.jpg

post-1314-0-78932000-1478111311_thumb.jpg

post-1314-0-61451500-1478111407_thumb.jpg

Edited by gordy

Yes, I saw the reply on the other site. Those in the photo are the type I have fitted to my car. I can get a pair of complete arms cheap on ebay. Thing is that the company I got the repair kit from swear blind that the kit I bought will fit, even though the rear bush is different. They say they've sold loads of kits and not had any problems. They also say that their rear bush will last longer and that Chrysler reverted back to the older style of bush. I have to say that I'd prefer the earlier style bush as it looks more substantial, but will it definitely fit the arms on my car? I think the later style bush will definitely not fit the early arms due to the alignment notch.