#1 Spinner2104

Spinner2104

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBishops Stortford

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:32 AM

I now have ABS, FCW Off and TRC lights on the dash. Car drives k but won't engage adaptive cruise and blind spot warnings come on for unexpected reasons when in slow turning and reversing.
I'm pretty sure this is a sensor failure but I have also seen that in the USA a recall was made due to a fuse holder problem. Has anyone experienced this issue and have an outcome that didn't cost an arm and a leg to solve.

#2 rapmech

rapmech

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationdornoch

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:09 PM

Hi

I had much the same problem,also the gearbox held on to lower gears at times.

changed the o/s/r wheel sensor. cleared codes and drove the car about 500yds lights came back on.

It turned out to be the o/s/r reluctor ring had broken up,fitted a new one and drove the car 20yds lights went out.

I still put the laptop on and cleared the codes anyway, the part you will get on ebay for about £30 but its not a 5 minuet job to change.

It requires the removal of the rear hub to fit it to the driveshaft.

Hope this helps

#3 BusterBishop

BusterBishop

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWimblington Cambridgeshire

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:47 AM

I had this problem and resolved it by haveing the wheels alined solved issue ...

#4 KevR

KevR

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDundee,Scotland

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

I have this problem too have put it on computer and cameup with n/s wheel speed sensor not reading ,took car for drive still computer attached and yes all wheels reading speed apart from front n/s have bought new front hub assembly thinking might be wheel bearing and hoping will also resolve clunking issue,yet too have hub fitted as not arrived yet but thought would come on and ask if anyone else has come across this ...sorry about the underline cant get it turned off

#5 Rhwsboy49er

Rhwsboy49er

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationsouth wales

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

hi - first post - I have a 300c estate 2006 -109000 miles only the usual suspension problems until warning lights came on

ABS ESP/BAS and brake warning  , also will only engage low gear and speedo not working , plus park assist service warning and not working   -  all at the same time . Will be heading for my local garage Monday for diagnostic etc - but wonder if anyone got any suggestions that will keep me out of the clutches of Chrysler !

Rob

#6 KevR

KevR

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDundee,Scotland

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

Update to my abs/esp and traction control lights on . I fitted new wheel bearing to front n/s after testing it on computer job was fairly easy as is a whole hub replacement this solved the problem of the lights I probably could have got away with cleaning the pick up on the hub as bearing wasn't that bad however managed to pick up a new hub for about £45 now have to change the upper ball joint on both side hopefully will cure clunking ,watched all the vids on this looks straight forward although a bit of a pain to get to some of the bolts and to get them out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users