danmac

danmac

Question

Hi all, just purchased a 2006 voyager 2.5crd with bugger all service history and am about to do some preventative maintenance myself, timing belt and pump replacement, suspension bushes and front pads. Was wondering what the best way to do a compression test was considering I’ve been reading about this injector removal tool??? Can the test be carried out via the blow plugs?

many thanks 

Danny

2 answers to this question

Unless there is a reason - smoky exhaust, poor performance / starting then why worry about a compression test - unless you've got some sort of come back on the purchase - if there is something wrong then it's going to be a very costly process to sort it out. Pulling the glow plugs to do the test is not the best method without disconnecting fuel lines as excess diesel in the bores can cause problems.

Hi RichardM, ok thanks, it was more out of curiosity really, there is light smoking when under load going up a long hill, and it starts ok but takes a couple seconds to do so, so I was wondering about worn rings hence doing a test?