Electric Door Function

ted

Question

hi, when i press the open button ,one of my doors just clicks open and then stops after 2/3 inches.  when i open manually and choose close electrically it also attempts to return then stops at 75%

the other door functions fine.

cant see anything obvious..any clues ?

i have a 2005 CGV diesel automatic which i use daily

Edited by ted

2 answers to this question

Hi just had the same problem, 1st does the door open ok and when almost closed does it pull into the locked position? if it does then it is the main door motor, this is the motor that pulls the door backwards and forwards, the other motor the pinch motor is the one that opens the door and closes it. You can buy replacement motors on ebay for around £29 to £39 they are second hand but new ones require a mortgage from Chrysler !! I use UKChryslerspares run by Steve and Lin in Cradley Heath Birmingham. I am pretty sure this is your problem as it sounds exactly like the one I had. Good luck.

ps its easy to do just need to remove the door card, my 16 year old did mine!

try more like its the wiring thats under the door frame in that chain type runner

to take the wire off pull the bottom of front seat belt cover towards middle of car and there and connector unplug it

the chain part is just push in plugs in floor 

on door unclip chain and un plug on door

with test ohm setting as in put the two wires on test together its reads ooo a complete circuit 

go by wire colours not place on plugs

and check each wire bend each wire there a break solder in a new piece normally big black wire