No Sound From Stereo

Hov1s

Question

So I bought my car a week ago and the radio/cd didn't work.  Well, I say didn't work but.....  they obviously did work.  After reading (on here) that the car has an infinity amp system, and locating the amp, I managed to fix the sound. 

I reckon it's a bad bit of design, and for anyone else having this problem I'll explain!

To get to the amp you have to remove the interior trim panel on the drivers side next to the back row seat.  Next remove the speaker using a star type allen key.  The amp has been placed between the outer and inner wing and is incredibly difficult to reach properly.  I couldn't see how to remove the amp properly, but luckily, a grope around told me I didn't need to.  For some reason, not only did Chrysler decide to put the amp in practically the most inaccessible place possible, they then decided it might be a good idea to mount it so that the wires go in at the base.  Gravity seems to have played its own part, and so silence.......   until I managed to plug the wires back in. 

Universal joints in your wrist and couple of fingers would make this a whole lot easier, but I eventually managed to do it without, and finally have tunes in my motor now.  Happy days. :)  :D  

3 answers to this question

Further to my previous post............  the wires hadn't dropped out of my amp, they were taken out - and for good reason.  Since plugging my amp back in, I have suffered on an almost daily basis, with a flat battery.  The amp is draining the battery which would explain it being unplugged.