Restore A Voyager?

DaveW

Question

Hi, My Grand Voyager is an 06. 105k on the clock. Starting to look really battered. It needs trading in or looking after. I love the car and don’t really want to see it go. Does anyone know of a garage that would do a “restoration” on it? I live near Heathrow. Cheers.

4 answers to this question

Hi I am just starting the renovation on a 2007 2.8 Grand Voyager.

If  you are looking for a luxury vehicle that can hold all the family + the wifes shopping and handbag there is nothing like it. I was going to finish renovating my 2005 2.4 Voyager so far, complete front suspension [ struts,top hats,drop links bushes and wish bones tie rods,track rod ends and boots]] Rear suspension [ struts, panhard bushes, droplinks, anti roll bushes and the leaf spring bushes] Brakes discs all round,brake pipes,handbrake cables and brake pads. New clutch ,thrust bearing and renovating clutch master and slave cylinders, Rear door locks and upgrade internal lighting to LED.

As you can see my next area was bodywork but unfortunatly my Arthritis has forced me to an auto.

So I now have a new renovation project but first I need a workshop manual on the 2.8 I will try to make a series of articles on the renovation work. Lets face it there is no other car like a Voyager even the old matra espace cannot beat them. Fiat has made a huge error in not continuing the Voyager in the UK just like Renault closing Matra! The Voyager is one of the simplest cars to work on you just have to be logical.

So hopefully you will see some topics from me