Door Lock And Battery Issues

Clark

Question

Hi all, hope someone can help. I’ve had the car for nearly 10 years now (it’s a 2008 GV). I had an issue for a while which consisted of the car only going into first gear when put in drive and staying in first, I’d realise after driving for a while, stop, put into neutral, engine off, start again and it would normally be ok. Also, whilst this was happening if I tried to operate the manual gear change it wouldn’t show any gear at all on the display and stay in first. The engine warning light was on for about a year because of this. Eventually I reset the TIPM and the engine warning light went off and this issue seemed to stop. The reason I reset the TIPM was in the hope that it would enable me to unlock my drivers door which now refuses to open. The button pops up with the fob and with the inside handle but the second stage of the lock does not open and I can’t get in the driver’s door. This morning I went out, opened the sliding doors fine, stowed the seats, then tried to start the car and everything is completely dead, lights, doors everything (doors worked fine seconds before) the little clock on the dash is still going. I had a new battery 4 years ago. Any ideas on how to get the driver’s door open and what this other issue could be, can a battery fail like that? I’m used to seeing a few symptoms first and having paid over 300 quid for this one 4 years ago, would expect it to last a little longer than this. The door issue is separate but still needs sorting. I’m currently resetting the TIPM again and charging the battery but I doubt this will sort the door.

Any thoughts?

2 answers to this question

Hi b4 you will spend any money try to re-charge it your old battery and try - You can buy or borrow Ctek charger. 

Gearbox - check the ATF levels on cold and on warm engine, look in to your manual or search on forum on how to do this, How often did you change ATF and filters  in the past 10yrs? 

What codes did you get out of Diagnostic via OBD2? 

Hi all, hope someone can help. I’ve had the car for nearly 10 years now (it’s a 2008 GV). I had an issue for a while which consisted of the car only going into first gear when put in drive and staying in first, I’d realise after driving for a while, stop, put into neutral, engine off, start again and it would normally be ok. Also, whilst this was happening if I tried to operate the manual gear change it wouldn’t show any gear at all on the display and stay in first. The engine warning light was on for about a year because of this. Eventually I reset the TIPM and the engine warning light went off and this issue seemed to stop. The reason I reset the TIPM was in the hope that it would enable me to unlock my drivers door which now refuses to open. The button pops up with the fob and with the inside handle but the second stage of the lock does not open and I can’t get in the driver’s door. This morning I went out, opened the sliding doors fine, stowed the seats, then tried to start the car and everything is completely dead, lights, doors everything (doors worked fine seconds before) the little clock on the dash is still going. I had a new battery 4 years ago. Any ideas on how to get the driver’s door open and what this other issue could be, can a battery fail like that? I’m used to seeing a few symptoms first and having paid over 300 quid for this one 4 years ago, would expect it to last a little longer than this. The door issue is separate but still needs sorting. I’m currently resetting the TIPM again and charging the battery but I doubt this will sort the door.

Any thoughts?

Did you fix the door problem?