Voyager 2,8 Crd Rt Mk V Rear Parking Brake

power

Question

8 answers to this question

Hello

Sorry, i guess i mean the service brake. The caliper in it self seems to work from a distance since the break discs are clean and not rusty. The wire seems  to run smooth so it must be something in the caliper that is stuck. I guess i will have a check....

Thanks

Jack each side individually, in park with engine running, get someone to press or release breake pedal, in the same time you spin the wheel and should run freely and when brake pressed should stop firmly. For front you need to keep it in neutral as park locks the axle. Another posibility is vacuum or lack of at the servo braking unit, as you look under the bonnet is on the left under dash. Just remembered is yours lhd or rhd as i said on the other topic about the coolant draining "tap" passenger side for rhd assuming is rhd if is lhd is obviously driver side. For the brake issue some garages that do mot will make you a brake test and give you a print out for each wheel how much kg of force braking achieves, that is very good for finding out if you have imbalance braking on the same axle jn order where to tackle the issue.

Thanks, i checked the rear brake calipers last night, put some grease on the sliding pins and checked the brake cylinders. They all seemed to work fine and the brakes are effective but still, no service brake..... I will check the wire that runs from the lever today (got to dark last night). Perhaps the mechanism just rusty and needs some cleaning and grease.

Got the rust off but the emergency brake is still not doing its job. Greased the sliding pins, got all rust of the mechanism, checked the wires, replaced the pads but its still bad. Do anyone know if the wire can be adjusted manually or is it supposed to "self adjust" by depressing it?

Not 100% sure about the wire but I think that you should be able to adjust that.

But Handbrake shoes have got a small gear on the bottom that you must turn and set it in the right place.

Usually I lift the rear of the car (on the beam in the middle) turn the Handbrake gear adjuster until I struggle to turn the wheel with bear hands but still can do it.

Then when you pull the leaver in cabin you will get best results.

I ended up changing the complete mechanism (shoes, springs etc) only £30 on eBay but at least passed it MOT and is working fine.

There is a video on YT of the guy who shows how to access the gear that I'm talking about. You will need short driver and some Oil or WD40.

Good Luck