Rear Sliding Doors. How They Suppose To Work? How Not.

SpAwNtoHell

Question

I always thought that my sliding rear doors are fine, but recently passenger side is noisy every time i lock and unlock the car compared to driver side. Started searching the internet and i know think they were not fine since day 1.

Are they supposed to open from outside and inside manually and after the electric takes over? My ones open from inside only electric by driver button, fob or pillar button. Later i will post a video of the sound that annoys me.

Are any known faults with this doors/ causes/ fixing tips? for the mk5? I was aware that mk4 had issues with doors and gearboxes but not mk5.

2 answers to this question

Hi

When you open the doors manually from the inside the door should unlock and open. If you close it manually from the inside or outside the door will do a little noise just before closing. Its the lock accutator locking the door using the electrics.

If you use the button on the inside or at the drivers roof it should all run electrical. When it does it makes a little sound but not much..

Known problems with the sliding doors are the cable running in the lover part of the floor, just next to the door. As the cables get older they tend not to bend as much causing the cables to brake. I think Chrysler might have a legal replacement on the sliding door wiering drivers side in Europe. Pls check this with your dealer.

Other known problems is the lock accutator. It gets worn out and eventually stops locking the door.

Hope this was helpful