Washer Pump Compatibility

ZombieRodeo

Question

The windscreen washer pump in my 2005 GV has stopped working but I’m having trouble finding a new one anywhere but eBay, the one I need always seems to be more expensive than the ones for the newer models.

The pumps look the same but have a different shaped connector on top... would it be possible to take the top cover off a new one and replace it with the correct shaped connector cover from my old one?

4 answers to this question

The plastic cover for the electrical connectors can be removed from my pump and from what I can tell the only difference between the old model post-1693-0-96766000-1515521046_thumb.jpeg and the new model post-1693-0-43744900-1515520824_thumb.jpeg is the shape of the connector, so I was thinking about buying the new shaped one and swapping over the plastic cover.

Yesterday my washers had hardly any pressure and not much water came out, i checked the nozzles and the pipes and they are fine... the motor in the washer pump is really rusty and after cleaning it up a bit (and cleaning the filter bit) I now get no water at all.

I’ve checked the fuse stand they are all fine too.

It shouldn't be a problem with a bit of DIY, just make sure the plus and negative are in the right place, it probably won't brake the pump but it will pull instead of push (or the other way around).

Contact the seller and see if he/she has a plug too, then you can cut the wires and connect the new plug.

Hope it helps.