How To Increase Fuel Efficiency?

mattie75

Question

if anyone can think of any reason why my car is only getting 24 miles to the gallon it's a 2.5 petrol.

i've taken out all the seats apart from the 2 front seats to lighten it which it really has done, my adjustable steering isn't working none of the fuses have gone they're all fine. the rear electric handle to open the boot doesn't work you have to use the key. .

also it splutters a bit at low revs but it was supposed to have had a service for months ago just before i bought it. are use it as a work van which is brilliant 4 just wished i bought the diesel. . if anyone has any ideas on how to increase fuel efficiency on my voyager 2.5 petrol it would help out so much £67.00 got me 234 miles only any help will be gratfully recevied. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

3 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum.

Looking at Fuelly you are not doing too bad - http://www.fuelly.com/car/plymouth/voyager

My Neon gets 29.4 mpg, it's a 2 litre which shows that Chryslers are not the greenest beasts around.

Give it a service including changing the filters and you should gain some.mpg.

Is your car an auto or manual ?