Injector's Impedance Value In Ohms

mikebh8

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi, yes 0.7ohms each, I have one that was leaking and I had it replaced, that one shoes 0.6ohms.

I found some videos where the guys in there talk about 14,16 or similar values non of them where from an engine like mine. What they also say is that all should be in a range of plus/minus 0.5ohms of each ever. I am guessing mine are broken as the reading should be higher but I was looking for some values before removing them.

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have specifics on the resistance, I'll check mine out when I get a moment (I have the 2005 2.8CRD) but 0.7 sounds awfully low.

There are two types of injector, high and low impedance, the low ones should be around 2.5-3.5ohms and high should be around 12ohms.

So either way your measurements seem very low.

Will try and get mine tested asap and reply back for comparison.

Hi, thank you.

When trying to first start the engine after replacing it, 5-10 mins after applying easy start I noticed the fuel rail pipe supply wasn't properly in, I'm only guessing I fried the injectors, but as I said I would like a second opinion before buying new ones.

Look forward to your feedback.

Here's a link to the locking kit and instructions, just incase. Think it's only needed if the belt had failed though. Handy for reference. 

http://www.tooled-up.com/artwork/prodpdf/vs4945.pdf

The guy that done the work to my last GV after the belt failed found it helpful. 

Edited by soupstone

Hi, as suspected the front camshaft was one tooth off. I could actually see it through the top by removing the oil cap.

Thanks for the link soapstone, right before receiving the notification about your post I've order a kit.... This is how I broke the rockers on the previous engine, by not having them and improvising with metal drill bits. This time I am doing it "properly", actually taking it to a mechanic would be the right thing to do but I can't for the love of god find a good mechanic... Anyway I'll keep the post up to date.

Thanks for all the support so far.