Change Engine Oil Indicator Reset

italoafro

Question

After looking at the options available within my price range in the used car market I recently purchased a beautiful low mileage 2012 Delta 1.6 SE.

I have seen the Lancia Delta in Italy and really liked the look of the vehicle...anyway after a few 1000 miles of happy motoring the oil light starts flashing during my morning commute. Obviously panic and some unkind words mentioned about the used car dealer I had bought the car from.

To my relief it was only to indicate that an engine oil change was due.

I promptly booked the car in for an oil change at a garage near my home. The mechanic assured me he could take care of it...anyway to cut a long story short he was unable to reset the light and gave me a discount on the service.

I then booked the car in with Arnold Clark Wigan (Jeep, Fiat, Abarth and ex-Chrysler)...thought they would be able to reset the light (quoted almost £60 for the job!)

After an hour of waiting patiently the service manager informs me that they were unable to reset as the Chrysler had pulled out of the UK 2 year ago (I knew that Einstein) and the Delta did not even appear on their system...nice one!

I live in the NW...can anyone with a Delta tell me where I can go to resolve this problem?

Any advice wouldb e appreciated.

12 answers to this question

Hi,

Sounds like neither garage knew what they were doing to be honest! Compete twonks as it takes about two minutes to reset both counters!!

I use Nigel Snape for all my personal and stock cars. He's a Master mechanic, factory trained and ex dealer network so knows his way around anything Italian. He can reset both the oil degradation and mileage lights for you in minutes!  

All of his details can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/Master-Tech-Vehicle-Services-1503549283203097/

Yep, my previous employer was none other than Jody Scheckter himself....big league!

I am a simple chef but he and his mates did take a look at my little panda when the going got tough in muddy conditions. These boys move about with top spec German models...I will never be as fast as him but bring on the sludge!