Ld22

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 27 March 2021 - 07:49 AM

Hi all,

Bought an 08 plate 2.8CRD Executive yesterday. I have 2 keys and 1 fob. The wife has taken ownership of the fob, problem is I just woke my street up with the alarm this morning because when using the key I can only unlock the driver door, but when you open it the alarm goes off.

Should add the fob itself works fine (first job will be to programme a second eventually), locks, unlocks, electric doors work fine, but is there a way for the entire car to be locked/unlocked using the key?

Thanks

#2 RichardM

RichardM

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationBoston,Lincolnshire

Posted 27 March 2021 - 03:08 PM

One click of the fob should release the locks on the offside (driver's side) two clicks unlocks all doors and the 5th door as well. (Well this is what should happen - and it does with mine) but these vehicles are very prone to electronic glitches and unfortunately there is on official dealer network in the UK as far as I am aware. 

I have never used the key itself to unlock the car but perhaps a double unlock done quickly will release all doors ? BUT.. if the driver's door is unlocked with the key the alarm should be disabled automatically, perhaps the battery in the fob needs replacing ?

#3 03GVCRD

03GVCRD

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 27 March 2021 - 04:05 PM

I don't think you can unlock all doors with the key. You just have to open one and flick the lock button on the door.

As for your alarm issue, if the vehicle is locked with the button rather than the fob then the alarm shouldn't activate when the vehicle is opened with the key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users