Random Volume Changes.

mikelaheen

Question

Hello everybody peeps!

Our GV has an issue with the audio volume control.  When in use, the volume will (randomly) rise and fall from its initial value.  Seems to default to the same value when powered on, then will often rise to full volume (ear-splitting, heart-attack-inducing) and will then randomly sweep from full volume to silence.  Suffice to say that the stereo stays powered off most of the time now.

It's an RB3 head unit in a 55 plate GV.  Has all the DVD/Nav gubbins but that was all disconnected by previous owner.  I suspect the volume control knob on the head unit as that doesn't seem to work but was wondering if it could be a problem with the steering wheel controls/BCU etc. 

Are all RB3s created equal? Can I get one from eBay/scrappy and just swap it over?

This is not the only electrical issue on this GV.  My old '06 one never gave me much grief until I ploughed it into the central res of the M1.  This replacement has always felt like a bit of a lemon.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

-Mike

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet