Replacement Abs Pump And Control Unit

Victorthevoyager

Question

My wife’s Voyager has a problem with the abs control module. I contacted Chrysler and they gave me the number 05093988AA for a replacement for the car. This doesn’t seem to correspond with any of the units available on everyones favourite auction site. They used the vin number to search and only the control module is available, not the pump. I did a search on the internet and found a Mopar website which has some part numbers for control units which had been superseded by the number given to me by the Chrysler parts department.

These are:

04686704AA

05018250AA

0508175AA

Unfortunately, it would seem that it is impossible to discover the number on the control unit which is currently fitted without removing it, can anyone confirm that this is the case or tell me what to do to see the number. Is it true that if I can find a control unit with the same number as the one currently fitted then the ecu will accept it without any problems but a control unit with a different number will not be accepted without some Re-programming of the ecu? Can any competent auto electrician do the Re-programming or only Chrysler?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet