#1 jhr

jhr

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Locationdublin ireland

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:39 PM

Can anyone help regarding back box for 1.4 delta..I need back box soon and called at local exhaust centre.no listing on their system but I told them I’d heard bravo back box is same..he said they are round and mine is oval shaped.any help on what I need would be great

#2 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMunster, Ireland

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:03 PM

Go to Ebay UK and search for item number

I have the exact same one on my wife's 2012 Delta 1.4 SE :-D

#3 jhr

jhr

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Locationdublin ireland

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:41 PM

Nothing came up,, but I’ve seen back box for similar year lancia delta from Germany..it has a number,oe51816909 and fa25935

#4 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:59 PM

Nothing came up,, but I’ve seen back box for similar year lancia delta from Germany..it has a number,oe51816909 and fa25935

I think the original number is 51799189

#5 jhr

jhr

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Locationdublin ireland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:27 PM

I have been talking with someone in Germany and sent vin number.they seem sure this will fit. https://www.ebay.de/...agAAOSw4gpbzwgE
Asked was muffler tip straight?

#6 jhr

jhr

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Locationdublin ireland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:37 PM

Told this one also if tip has bend. https://www.ebay.de/...em=264933044109

#7 Harryw

Harryw

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:08 PM

Needed full replacement exhaust.
Dealer about £800.00
Paid £550.00 for a complete chrome custom exhaust. Lifetime guarantee. I now just have to have annual check.

#8 Harryw

Harryw

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:26 PM

Slight amendment.
I ment customised stainless steel exhaust. Still expensive but an alternative. Previous exhaust problem was a broken rear bracket and even that had to come from Italy at a stupid cost.

#9 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:02 AM

Told this one also if tip has bend. https://www.ebay.de/...em=264933044109

That's your box

Edited by Andrewgrale, 25 February 2021 - 09:02 AM.

#10 jhr

jhr

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Locationdublin ireland

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:46 PM

Great I’ll order

#11 jhr

jhr

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Locationdublin ireland

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:49 PM

You don’t know anything about swapping out radios on them,,I’ve done it before with other cars , but this seems an oddball,,would I have problems with harness etc ,or is there a unit out there preferably with sat nav

#12 kapetanikolas

kapetanikolas

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:26 AM

You can find the Marelli unit with the sat nav online (ebay) but the technology is obsolete and will not be an upgrade for your car. In addition, I have learnt in this forum that the two units (non sat-nav and sat-nav) are not directly intercheangeable, you will need to adapt the cables somehow. If you decide to install an aftermarket unit, please note that the factory Delta radio is single-din, therefore you will need to buy a single-din aftermarket radio with a new fascia that will also allow the buttons at the bottom. In any case (personal view) i would leave the radio as it is, the factory radio is of very good quality, the sound is superb and in addition it has zero boot-up time, you press the on button and the music starts. But this is just a personal view.

#13 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:54 PM

You can find the Marelli unit with the sat nav online (ebay) but the technology is obsolete and will not be an upgrade for your car. In addition, I have learnt in this forum that the two units (non sat-nav and sat-nav) are not directly intercheangeable, you will need to adapt the cables somehow. If you decide to install an aftermarket unit, please note that the factory Delta radio is single-din, therefore you will need to buy a single-din aftermarket radio with a new fascia that will also allow the buttons at the bottom. In any case (personal view) i would leave the radio as it is, the factory radio is of very good quality, the sound is superb and in addition it has zero boot-up time, you press the on button and the music starts. But this is just a personal view.

+1

#14 jhr

jhr

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Locationdublin ireland

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:04 PM

I think you speak wise words there,done it before on a Suzuki and I had cables etc,and still was a pig,,think I’ll leave well enough alone,,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users