Sliding Door Problem

Mickyd

Question

Hello everyone, thanks for accepting me to the group, have owned a Grand Voyager 2.8CRD 2006 for six months now and very pleased so far.

I have one problem that has arisen in the last few days. The passenger sliding door has decided to open whenever it wants! I locked the car last week, when I went back the door was open, I’ve noticed the central locking is not working on the sliding doors so that’s another little job to sort, but again today, I put something in the back door and the sliding door opened and closed 4 or 5 times, then stopped closed, then a few minutes later opened again.

I am baffled and haven’t a clue where to start!

Anyone had this or similar and maybe cause or solution.

Many thanks again.

Already had a message, thanks bignev suggesting removing the IOD fuse for thirty minutes, just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this with a door!

1 answer to this question

Sounds like you have a short on the wiring loom.

This is protected in a plastic "chain" like loop and can be prone to break.

Try inspecting the wiring - or even move the plastic chain to see if the door is activated - mind you don't get your fingers trapped.

If it is that - it can be fixed by by-passing any broken wire with a new wire - but ensure that you use replacement wire of sufficient amperage otherwise it will create an overheat.