#1 pokerwork

pokerwork

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:29 PM

I've just had the knuckle skinning experience of changing a dipped beam bulb on the Delta and the previous post on bulb changing was very useful. Mirror essential to work out how that clip works!

I think my lamps are a bit out of alignment so want to have a go at adjusting them but thought I'd check here before diving in.  I can see 2 horizontal hex bars that look like they should adjust the main and dipped beams left to right and then 2 grey Philips type vertical screws that look like they should adjust up and down.  Have I got this right or is the headlamp adjustment done a different way?

#2 Cassino

Cassino

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:47 AM

I have never needed to adjust my headlights,but there is a switch on the dash for adjustments....
As for the bulb changing,it is a pain especially the offside one, but we should be grateful it's not a dealer job.....some can cost £150-250....
Ian

#3 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationMunster, Ireland

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:39 PM

I've just had the knuckle skinning experience of changing a dipped beam bulb on the Delta and the previous post on bulb changing was very useful. Mirror essential to work out how that clip works!

I think my lamps are a bit out of alignment so want to have a go at adjusting them but thought I'd check here before diving in. I can see 2 horizontal hex bars that look like they should adjust the main and dipped beams left to right and then 2 grey Philips type vertical screws that look like they should adjust up and down. Have I got this right or is the headlamp adjustment done a different way?

+1 on the knuckle skinning quality of Delta bulb replacement, you need the dexterity of a double jointed, ambidextrous, piano playing midwife to cope with the carry on of bulbs in the Delta

How old is your car??
The more pertinent question is, how many MOTs has it done, where they check the headlight alignment and all was fine???

I would just recommend that you replace the bulbs with uprated equivalents, Lidl and Aldi do a pair of +90% H7 bulbs for a fiver, you can't go wrong with that, then find an independent garage with the proper headlight alignment gear and spend the 30 quid on getting it done properly

Edited by Andrewgrale, 24 March 2020 - 12:43 PM.

#4 pokerwork

pokerwork

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:27 PM

2012 and it's always passed annual MOTs without a problem, I'm really just interested to know a bit more about the adjustment mechanism. MOT is due in a few months so it will get a check then anyway. Thanks for the suggestion on bulbs.  They are still 55W I presume.  Are they brighter? 

#5 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:20 PM

2012 and it's always passed annual MOTs without a problem, I'm really just interested to know a bit more about the adjustment mechanism. MOT is due in a few months so it will get a check then anyway. Thanks for the suggestion on bulbs. They are still 55W I presume. Are they brighter?

Yes, they're still 55w but are xenon gas filled instead of halogen so are a lot brighter, but the poly-elliptical lenses on the Delta handles them well and gives a good beam of light
You will probably notice that the old bulbs have blackened with age by now

Edited by Andrewgrale, 24 March 2020 - 11:22 PM.

#6 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:03 PM

Have always thought the performance of the OE Delta headlights/bulbs are remarkably good.

• Andrewgrale likes this

#7 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:44 PM

Have always thought the performance of the OE Delta headlights/bulbs are remarkably good.

+1
  • Nello likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users