#1 evers07

evers07

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:07 PM

I have just recently replaced the battery in my 07 300c and since then I have warning lights come on - ABS/ESP. A mechanic plugged a fault code reader in and it was showing U140E but it couldn't be reset. 

I have tried the full lock trick but that didn't work. 

Any suggestions? Please help!!!

#2 BrownSugar

BrownSugar

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationStevenage

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:12 PM

I had exactly the same problem. I replaced the battery then the ESP, ABS, and engine light came on. Took the car to my mechanic, he plugged in his code reader and successfully cleared all the faults. Cost me 40 quid on top of the price of the battery. Damn these modern cars with their canbus computer systems. Give me old school.

Is the car running fine? Maybe try it again using another make of code reader?

#3 CRD28AUTO

CRD28AUTO

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTelford

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:08 AM

Don’t know if this helps, but my Grand Voyager does this every time I swap the battery. Well it’s just the abs light. But after about a week of use, it turns off itself. 
Then I have no more problems.

Maybe it needs to go through a set amount of cold start to fully warmed up cycles. 
I have seen this before on other makes. 

#4 gadge

gadge

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationstockton on tees

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

I have an 07 300c, took old Bty out and put new Bty in, the following day, the wipers,indicators,front windows,mirrors do not work also on dash ABS, ESP, BAS, all stay lit with the engine running everything working fine before the battery change ( the car had been stood for approx 4 weeks before the bty change) I took it for a short run, Its a stunning looking car but I am quite clueless.

#5 BrownSugar

BrownSugar

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationStevenage

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:44 PM

It's a nightmare, it took me less than a minute to disconnect and remove the old battery and then connect up the new one.

Next time I change the battery I'm gonna get a second one, wire it up to the terminals so that when I disconnect the battery the car still has power. The canbus obviously doesn't like being starved of power even for a few seconds.

Gadge... you're gonna have to take it to a friendly mechanic and get a code reader attached to clear the error codes mate.

• gadge likes this

#6 gadge

gadge

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationstockton on tees

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:02 PM

@BrownSugar  would it have to be from a chrysler garage to get a compatable code reader.

Gadge.

#7 BrownSugar

BrownSugar

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationStevenage

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:09 PM

No mate. I never go to Chrysler. My garage has more than one type of code reader available to them. Also, code readers need regular software updates. It's a blind science this stuff, like I said before, give me old school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users