#1 kapetanikolas

kapetanikolas

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

Hello to all,

I'm new here and glad I found this forum!

I have a 2011 Delta 1.4 140HP stop-start in Oro version which has the simple radio-cd unit with blue and me.

I have the possibility to acquire a used original navi unit for a good price to replace the radio.

Before taking a decision on this, would anyone be able to advise me on the following:

1. Can the navi unit directly replace the simple radio/cd unit or would I need to modify connections, cables etc?

2. Is it easy to get an activation code if the navi unit does not have one (still need to find this out from the seller)?

3. What is the easiest way to get updated maps for this Marelli navi unit?

thanks to all

nico

#2 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:10 AM

Hi Nico, and welcome to the club!

The Navi unit will require the loom as the connections will be different. Unfortunately most used units don't come with any wiring, so you'll find it difficult to install.

My advice would be to go for a good quality branded aftermarket unit instead as it will be much more straight forward to fit. 

• Nello and Andrewgrale like this

#3 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMunster, Ireland

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:16 PM

Hi Nico, and welcome to the club!

The Navi unit will require the loom as the connections will be different. Unfortunately most used units don't come with any wiring, so you'll find it difficult to install.

My advice would be to go for a good quality branded aftermarket unit instead as it will be much more straight forward to fit.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users