JH88

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

94y is surely higher spec than 94w?

Correct. a W tyre is good for 270km/h while a Y is good for 300km/h. TBH, i don't plan on reaching EITHER of those speeds... so no need for the higher rating.

#23 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Correct. a W tyre is good for 270km/h while a Y is good for 300km/h. TBH, i don't plan on reaching EITHER of those speeds... so no need for the higher rating.

Yes but I find the asymetric 3 feels really good on the road

#24 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationMunster, Ireland

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:17 PM

My wife's Delta is an SE and runs on 16 inch wheels, I use Barum on it and all's good, wet weather grip galore and for 240euros a set

#25 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

My wife's Delta is an SE and runs on 16 inch wheels, I use Barum on it and all's good, wet weather grip galore and for 240euros a set

I've used barum before, continentals I think? They were good on an MG ZT

#26 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

I've used barum before, continentals I think? They were good on an MG ZT

Made in the Czech republic with Continental being the parent company. Rumour has it they using continental patterns and tech a few years behind, but still good. Most owners seem to rate them, so I'll have a look next time given they're around £54 a corner fitted!!! Bargain if they are as good!

#27 JH88

JH88

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

After looking around multiple tyre shops and comparing prices, I've decided to close on Dunlop SP FM800's.

I've read good reviews online and also compared the FM800 to the Asymmetric 3 on tyrereviews.co.uk, the FM800 seems to do a bit better on paper.

FM800.JPG

Asymmetric 3.JPG

FM800 is coming in at 95 GBP. Is that an expensive price? The Asymmetric is 10 GBP more.

#28 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

I could not see those Dunlops on Blackcircles? Not sure what supplier you use or have access to over there - Asymetrics come in around £82 here for me.

#29 JH88

JH88

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

I could not see those Dunlops on Blackcircles? Not sure what supplier you use or have access to over there - Asymetrics come in around £82 here for me.

Gotta keep in mind that we unfortunately have high import taxes :(

#30 JH88

JH88

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:06 PM

I've had the following warning lights come on since Monday:

- Hill Holder unavailable

- Steering Column Assist unavailable

- ESP unavailable.

Anyone experienced all three of these at the same time before? I'm heading going to the mechanic tomorrow to check it out anyway to be safe.

On top of this, there seems to be a leak in the air conditioning drainage. Water is dripping from somewhere at the bottom of the centre console into the passenger side footwell. The plastic panel has been taken away and the drainage hose got a few good shots of high pressure air to clear out any blockages, but still dripping. Any thoughts?

#31 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationMunster, Ireland

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:58 AM

I've had the following warning lights come on since Monday:
- Hill Holder unavailable
- Steering Column Assist unavailable
- ESP unavailable.

Anyone experienced all three of these at the same time before? I'm heading going to the mechanic tomorrow to check it out anyway to be safe.

(MOST LIKELY A BATTERY OR A BAD CONNECTION)

On top of this, there seems to be a leak in the air conditioning drainage. Water is dripping from somewhere at the bottom of the centre console into the passenger side footwell. The plastic panel has been taken away and the drainage hose got a few good shots of high pressure air to clear out any blockages, but still dripping. Any thoughts?

(I'M NOT SURE WHERE THE SYSTEM DRAINS AWAY WATER GATHERED FROM THE AIR CON, BUT CHECK THE OUTSIDE DRAINS TOO, I HAVE SEEN THEM CLOG WITH SILT AND BITS OF LEAVES)

Hope that helps

#32 JH88

JH88

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

So this is where I currently stand. My vehicle is spending the night at the mechanics'. Went in for new dampeners and the suspension controller arm (i think that's what it's called, the base piece of the Macpherson front suspension). All parts had been pre-order and had arrived. Once the mechanic started taking the dampener out we noticed that the dampener mounting was completely ruined.

20180628_104938.jpg The new part was ordered but arrived late in the afternoon, so work will only start tomorrow morning

In the mean time, Dunlop SP FM800 tyres were fitted.. we'll find out soon how they are.

In addition to this, I am still searching for an online store that can sell me a replacement automatic gear knob (part number 55344680). I have located 3 stores, Poland, Netherlands and Ukraine, but none of them ship internationally. I literally have my credit card in my hand ready to pay but no-one wants my money...

No update yet on the air conditioning leak.

Apparently my coolant temperature sensor has also died.. When I drive, the  coolant temperature indicator raises and lowers at will. Sometimes I can be driving for 20 mins and it still has the indicator pointing at 6 o'clock.

If anyone has a site to buy the gear knob online, please let me know. Other than that, updates will come :)

Edited by JH88, 28 June 2018 - 08:17 PM.

#33 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

JH - Pretty sure I have had those errors before - though only temporarily. Are they on permanently? I have found that cars with Canbus systems - you need to treat them like Operating systems on your PC. When starting the car I always switch on the ignition then wait a few seconds to allow Canbus to 'read' its circuits before firing the engine. This has prevented any errors you may get if you start the car too quickly (that's my theory anyway.) I'm going to be away with work for a few days but if you are really struggling to get that Gearknob I could ask my local Fiat dealer for you?

Obviously it may also cost a little to send on to Israel but may work out cheaper ordering from here? Do you want me to try? Just double check that's the right Part number you need as I don't think they allow returns.

Edited by Nello, 29 June 2018 - 09:19 AM.

#34 JH88

JH88

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Thanls for the offer Nello, I sorted out an order through a polish fiat/lancia/alfa dealer. Highly recommend! Their website is http://www.autoczescisklep.com/it's all in polish, but if you contact them via email they have salespeople that write in perfect english. I ended up paying 600 zloty (about 120GBP) including shipping.

Regarding the warning lights, they are not always on. My mechanic thinks it may have had something to do with the suspension mount, as they appear much less often now that it is all fixed.

Air conditioning drips have been fixed. Turned out there was some kind of blockage behind the dashboard (access on LHD is through passenger footwell). The water built up and had spilt over into the cabin filter (Pollen filter? Air con filter?) and was dripping from there. New cabin filter and a good shot of air pressure  has cleared everything out.

• Nello likes this

#35 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:26 AM

Great stuff  B) have we seen any photos of your car  :P

#36 JH88

JH88

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

Back on page 1 i posted two pics. Haven't got any recent shots... desperately need to give her a wash first. Only problem with a black car (especially Lancia special black), she needs a clean constantly.

• Nello likes this

#37 JH88

JH88

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

A few weeks have gone past and finally the new gear knob i ordered from Poland has arrived.

Two problems:

1) The black central section of the gear knob has not been installed correctly and sits on an angle. I attempted to fix this by pushing the corner back into place but no success. Thought about completely removing the black section and trying to install it correctly myself, but possibly breaking it and then having to buy another one (124 GBP!) plus wait an additional 3 weeks for delivery held me back. 

I'm thinking that once it's installed it won't be such an issue, what do you guys think?

20180724_181330.jpg

20180724_181343.jpg

20180724_181351.jpg

2) The nice guy who owned the car before me didn't want to spend the money needed to replace the gear knob, so he decided that a whole lot of epoxy would simply do the trick.. (it didn't).  Now I'm stuck with trying to remove epoxy in order to install the new knob..  any one got any ideas? This is the rubbish that needs removing.

Damage.jpg

Edited by JH88, 24 July 2018 - 06:23 PM.

#38 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:50 PM

A few weeks have gone past and finally the new gear knob i ordered from Poland has arrived.

Two problems:

1) The black central section of the gear knob has not been installed correctly and sits on an angle. I attempted to fix this by pushing the corner back into place but no success. Thought about completely removing the black section and trying to install it correctly myself, but possibly breaking it and then having to buy another one (124 GBP!) plus wait an additional 3 weeks for delivery held me back. 

I'm thinking that once it's installed it won't be such an issue, what do you guys think?

attachicon.gif20180724_181330.jpg

attachicon.gif20180724_181343.jpg

attachicon.gif20180724_181351.jpg

2) The nice guy who owned the car before me didn't want to spend the money needed to replace the gear knob, so he decided that a whole lot of epoxy would simply do the trick.. (it didn't).  Now I'm stuck with trying to remove epoxy in order to install the new knob..  any one got any ideas? This is the rubbish that needs removing.

attachicon.gifDamage.jpg

Did you manage to fix it in the end?

#39 JH88

JH88

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

Haven't had time to dedicate to it unfortunately. I'm planning on doing it together with my mechanic just to be safe.

I'll take some pics along the way and post when it's complete.

• MikeyRules likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: delta, lancia, mk3, 844

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users