Follow us on...
Follow us on Google PlusFollow us on TwitterFollow us on Facebook
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum

Photo
- - - - -

Aftermarket Stereo/sat Nav

chrysler delta parts car aftermarket lancia manufacturer multimedia mp3

Best Answer MikeyRules , 12 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

Looks great, I'm amazed by the number of apps and the fact it also has Digital TV (how does that work by the way)? Yeah mine came with the standard non-sat nav radio, so I was in the same position as you. It'd be good to have a look actually, and also if you're able to sort the passwor... Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 twe

twe

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:04 AM

Not sure if this helps but you could try the Nokia Here offline maps? https://play.google.....app.maps&hl=en

#22 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

Not sure if this helps but you could try the Nokia Here offline maps? https://play.google.....app.maps&hl=en

Yes my brother in law has just mentioned that Nokia had a beta version of off-line maps and that it might be worth a try... The Italian supplier isn't responding to my emails surprise surprise, so it looks like we're on our own from a support perspective. I'll give this a go when I'm back in the UK.

The Naviextras Nav supplied is really good to be honest, but in order to update/add maps you need to know the version of Android you're running, and screen size etc...and that's what they don't seem to be able to tell me.

#23 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

Looks Ace Mike - I'd love one in mine but don't think I can justify the cost to Mrs Nello....

#24 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

Looks Ace Mike - I'd love one in mine but don't think I can justify the cost to Mrs Nello....

They do them in silver so she'd probably not notice haha

#25 Ryanjb2014

Ryanjb2014

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

I received mine today and have just installed it, but I've got a niggle or two (most likely due to my lack of technical ability) that I was wondering if you could answer for me...

The first was about the iPod connection into the back of the radio. The wire comes out the back and faces downwards, meaning it gets stuck and stops the unit being pushed into place.

The second issue wasn't an issue as such, the TV aerial for the digital TV doesn't seem to have been supplied with it (or if it is, I don't know which wire it is!), I wondered if you had an image of the wire or if you knew what the wire looked like and how it connected.

I'll try the Nokia offline maps as mentioned above because that could be really good  :)

#26 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

I received mine today and have just installed it, but I've got a niggle or two (most likely due to my lack of technical ability) that I was wondering if you could answer for me...

The first was about the iPod connection into the back of the radio. The wire comes out the back and faces downwards, meaning it gets stuck and stops the unit being pushed into place.

The second issue wasn't an issue as such, the TV aerial for the digital TV doesn't seem to have been supplied with it (or if it is, I don't know which wire it is!), I wondered if you had an image of the wire or if you knew what the wire looked like and how it connected.

I'll try the Nokia offline maps as mentioned above because that could be really good  :)

Ryan with regard to the cables stopping the unit being pushed back fully you just need to make sure they have somewhere to go, and clear the central brace at the back of the cage. You need to get you hand in there and organise them so they move out the way when you push the unit in...

The Aerials for the TV plug into the small black DVB box and this can be located behind the glove box (Aerials stuck to top left of the windscreen with one Horizontal and the other vertical) Their should be a thick black cable with a round multi-plug at one end which plugs into the black DVB box and the other end is the flat white multi-type plug like the others that connects into the back of the head unit from memory.

See pic!

[attachment=102:69776916d690aed3787db48ee23baccb-500x500.jpg]

Edited by MikeyRules, 05 February 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#27 Ryanjb2014

Ryanjb2014

L Plates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

Ok, I'll have another fiddle with the wires and try and push them out of the units way. Regarding the aerial, that definitely hasn't come with mine, was it a separate wire to order? Thanks for your help, I appreciate it

#28 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

No it should have come in a clear packet also tucked in one side of the polystyrene in the box. Double check the box and if not you'll need to contact them...

#29 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

Hmmm.... darn it - the more I see these the more I want one! Was it techno-phobia friendly to install then Mike?

#30 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

Yeah fairly straight forward plug and play with a bit of common sense thrown in for good measure. Happy to give you a hand if you take the plunge.

#31 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

I'll hold you to that when........................a) Have the "spare" cash .......... b ) Thought of a convincing plan to ensure Mrs Nello does not catch wind!

Edited by Nello, 14 February 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#32 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:16 PM

I'll get some better pics posted up soon. Finally found the piano black gear stick surround to match the head unit and climate control so it will all match...

#33 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

Has anyone ever heard of Eonon? Seen a few Deltas overseas with these posted and they seem remarkably cheap for an integrated Sat Nav / DVD? http://www.ebay.co.u...sd=181653407831

You can get the relevant dash surrround to integrate with the Delta.

#34 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

Hmm there's a lot of cheap Chinese sheet out there... IMO when you use a traditional double din HU the surround looks really bland. If you want to go this route you'd be better off sticking with Kenwood/Garmin or Pioneer nav units

#35 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

Never heard of it but if it's Chinese without European QC and design input I'd have my doubts

#36 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

Just a thought gents - I really know bugger all about these things........ It only caught my eye as you can choose on-screen manufacturer logos'  :P

#37 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

Ok, I'll have another fiddle with the wires and try and push them out of the units way. Regarding the aerial, that definitely hasn't come with mine, was it a separate wire to order? Thanks for your help, I appreciate it

Ryan how have you got on fella?

Any joy with the missing aerial and dvb box?

#38 stuartmunn

stuartmunn

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationStonehaven, Scotland

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

I've bought a sony wx-gt90bt cost £100.00 Will need to get the fascia kit and the SWC adapter etc so that will add another £60.00 or so.

I dont need sat nav ... I know where I'm going !

I fitted a double din Pioneer unit in my old Alfa GT it had a rear USB input which allowed me to route a cable into glovebox to hide my iPod but I cant be bothered with the hassle of that this time so it will be front connection only for the iPod.  The Sony has a nice app for controlling the iPod from a Smartphone not really sure what use that will be...

:)

#39 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

I've bought a sony wx-gt90bt cost £100.00 Will need to get the fascia kit and the SWC adapter etc so that will add another £60.00 or so.

I dont need sat nav ... I know where I'm going !

I fitted a double din Pioneer unit in my old Alfa GT it had a rear USB input which allowed me to route a cable into glovebox to hide my iPod but I cant be bothered with the hassle of that this time so it will be front connection only for the iPod.  The Sony has a nice app for controlling the iPod from a Smartphone not really sure what use that will be...

:)

It's well spec'd for such a cheap unit... I'm just not sure about the HUGE volume control as it might look a bit odd compared with the rest of the switch gear.

You'll have to post up some pic's when you get it fitted.

Edited by MikeyRules, 16 February 2015 - 07:08 PM.

#40 stuartmunn

stuartmunn

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationStonehaven, Scotland

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:50 AM

It's well spec'd for such a cheap unit... I'm just not sure about the HUGE volume control as it might look a bit odd compared with the rest of the switch gear.

You'll have to post up some pic's when you get it fitted.

At least its got some reasonable sized buttons for the radio stations ...  I was thinking of doing some customisation of the cheap looking silver plastic panels but I'll leave that mod for another day. I'd thought about putting some wood veneer on them .... I'll maybe practice on the original panel after I take it off!

I'll post some pics !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chrysler, delta, parts, car, aftermarket, lancia, manufacturer, multimedia, mp3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users