#1 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationMunster, Ireland

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:14 AM

My wife's Delta heater is very poor, she does mostly short spins (school and work) her previous Bravo heated up wayyyy faster and had a far superior heater.
Wondering if anyone has noticed this and can offer a solution???

#2 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:26 AM

I think I've commented on other threads Andrew I think the heater is a bit poor. I was spoilt by my old Coupe which had a heater like a hairdryer in minutes but its the direction and power of heat that I do not like. I never seem to be able to get the correct direction from the vents - I know the centre vents are fairly high but I like them to direct heat on to my hands this time of year which it never really does very well. Its either not there or aiming at my face. The output is a bit naff as well - not especially strong. Yes I have changed the pollen filter so not sure what else you could actually do to improve. I know Mikey had some issues with the flap which directs Air in to the footwells but mine appears to be working still ok though without much effect.................

Edited by Nello, 17 February 2018 - 03:27 AM.

#3 Rossocorsa

Rossocorsa

Advanced Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

Can't say that I find it an issue myself but would comment though that if its a diesel they don't warm up so fast as the thermal efficiency means less waste heat for heating. The climate control appears to monitor actual heater temp so doesn't pump heat in until it's heated up sufficiently. I do have heated seats though which i suppose help a bit.

#4 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

Yeah defrosting the windows is pants.... I'd be better punching myself in the knackers and breathing hot air on the windows that way than the poxy fan under the dash...

My recirc motor failed on mine (quite common on Bravo's) and it's a dash out jobby and a new heater eek! Fortunately we were able to cheat and just disconnected the flap. Although that does present another problem is that I can no longer shut out bad smells, and in winter it can steam up inside, so have to open a window slightly to demist..

#5 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

Yeah defrosting the windows is pants.... I'd be better punching myself in the knackers and breathing hot air on the windows that way than the poxy fan under the dash...

My wife says that is fair exchange!
She will hit you in the man jewellery and you can defrost the windscreen !!!!

#6 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

Can't say that I find it an issue myself but would comment though that if its a diesel they don't warm up so fast as the thermal efficiency means less waste heat for heating. The climate control appears to monitor actual heater temp so doesn't pump heat in until it's heated up sufficiently. I do have heated seats though which i suppose help a bit.

It's a 1.4 multiair and the heating system is similar to her previous Bravo, which heated up like Beelzebubs naughty room . .

#7 MikeyRules

MikeyRules

Alfisti forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

My wife says that is fair exchange!
She will hit you in the man jewellery and you can defrost the windscreen !!!!

Only if she's naked too! :lol:  :ph34r:

#8 Andrewgrale

Andrewgrale

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

Only if she's naked too! :lol: :ph34r:

Hehehehe :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic