Abs Fault

Gerrycat53

Question

I have an ABS problem & wanted to known if anyone has had the same problem & what the cure is, she is a 300c 2007 CRD, I was working on her doing the ball joints etc whilst listening to the radio, when I had finished & went to move the car, the battery was flat, I asked my friend to give me a jump start & ever since that, I have all three  ABS lights on, also she is now hard to start in the mornings when cold, I have had it checked out & been told glow plugs or glow plug module or both at fault, I have been laid off work for medical reasons so can not afford to take her to a Chrysler dealer, can anyone help me please ? Kind regards Gerry.

1 answer to this question

Hi, when jump starting or push starting the ecu is forced to start the car, you could try to disconnect the battery over night, that's an expression few hours will do. Make sure the battery is fully charged and try that.

The only problem is, on some models, that even if is a error fault (is there but is not really a fault) with the ABS would stay on until is cleared with a diagnostic software.

Future use, if I may, while working on the car the battery should be disconnected.

Hope it helps.